Our family doesn't normally go out for the Rodeo and usually my kids barely squeek by with a bandana from the dress up box on Rodeo Day at school. Lucky me that I've had this shirt in the hopper for a while. It would have been done sooner but after starting construction (with the intent of using the brown/black stripe for the neckband) I didn't think it had enough stretch to make a good band and that was that, it sat. All the while this great rib, Ringel, kept staring at me yelling "use me for that neck", and I just didn't. I'm happy that I finally did.
I took a bunch of close-ups of the hems and neckband so you can see how they look. I used the coverstitch for hemming and as you can see when switching from mid-weight jersey to lighter weight thermal and all those serged seams on the side there was a little bit of wobble, but not too bad. To sew the neckband I stitched my piece into a circle, folded it in half, marked each quarter, made the same markings on the shirt neck pinning them together and stretched as I sewed. I debated about top stitching and didn't. Mainly, I was running out of light and wanted to get the pictures done. I might go back and add topstitching, but then again I might not. I'm already buzzing through another project
coverstitched hem on thermal and jersey knit
hemming knit fabrics
and one just because she's beautiful